Shelly Burr Owner, Team member, Mother, Rower
Shelly Burr is a proud owner of Voila! Media Group since 1999. Technically, I’m the owner, but Voila! is a team effort and we do our best work, working together. I believe in the KISS strategy for business. Keep It Simple Shelly. Why complicate things more than they need to be. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication” -Leonardo Da Vinci
Tobie Anderson Graphic Designer
If you ask my husband what I do for a living, he would tell you that I color all day. I like to think of it a little differently – I’m a digital designer who colors all day! It’s great to do what I love, and love what I do, and it doesn’t hurt that I get paid for it too!
John Flottmeyer Interactive Developer
I am an artist that also is pretty good at math. This allows me to both be creative in both design and in programming which helps me to see the bigger picture. I’m very good at puzzles and problem solving which helps me to troubleshoot, debug and to decompile code.
Join Our Group
Web Site Designer – Developer Description:
Web Site Designer – Developer
Web Site Designer Job Purpose:
Develops Web sites by planning and executing design; maintaining and upgrading service.
Web Site Designer Job Duties:
- Plans site design by clarifying goals; designing functionality.
- Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
- Develops site content and graphics by coordinating with copywriters and graphic artists; designing images, icons, etc.
- Prepares site by installing and configuring server software; installing programming language using authoring and formatting tools; ensuring cross-platform compatibility; establishing links.
- Establishes locatability by registering with search engines.
- Upgrades site by updating content and graphics; monitoring performance and results; identifying and evaluating improvement options; introducing new technology; maintaining links.
- Protects site by designing and installing security precautions.
- Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance.
Skills/Qualifications: Web Graphic Design, Web Savvy, Planning, Web User Interface Design, Web Programming Skills, Teamwork, Illustration Tools, Understanding Browser Capabilities, Internet Presence, Verbal Communication, Strong organizational skills, Desire and willingness to work in a collective, innovative, flexible and team oriented environment.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in web design and development experience is required.
- Front- end and some back-end development experience. More important is the experience of seamless integration of front to back-end functionality.
- Practical experience with CMS software; WordPress, Concrete 5, Drupal, Joomla
- Practical exposure and/or experience with some of the following: Java Server Pages and Java XML, PHP, Oracle, MYSQL.
- Knowledge in DNS name servers, A, C & MX records.
Contact: Shelly firstname.lastname@example.org